COVID-19: Virtual Consults and Updated Information for Home Visits
Beginning March 16, 2020
I have begun offering "virtual consults" for those who require and/or prefer social distancing during this challenging situation caused by COVID-19. During a virtual consult, we can go over concerns with engorgement, plugged ducts, nipple pain or damage, basic latching issues, and oral or breast assessment. We can connect via phone, FaceTime or Google Hangouts! In these stressful times, I want to be able to continue supporting families encountering lactation issues while safeguarding my clients and myself. I appreciate your help in protecting the health of our community. Please contact me for more information!
In the event that a home visit is desired, I have a new set of standard pre-screening questions and home visit protocols. Please be prepared to answer the following questions before scheduling an appointment.
Pre Screening Questions for Home Visits
At this time, I am able to offer home visits to families who pass the pre-screening questions and agree to the in-home protocols.
- Are you COVID-19 positive or have you been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your family traveled to an area that CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice (Area that has widespread sustained transmission)
- Have you or anyone in your household run a fever or shown symptoms of viral infection in the last 24 hrs (Fever greater than 100.4, cough, shortness of breath)
- Who will be present in the home during the time of the visit?
- If school aged children or elderly will be in the house during the time of the visit I would like to minimize contact between me and these family members, for everyone's protection. I ask that a location be selected for the in-home visit that would only allow for contact between the Lactation Consultant (that's me), the Mom, Baby, and perhaps partner.
Home Visit Protocols
- Please provide a clean towel or linen on any chair or surface where I will be sitting.
- If you have other children or family visiting please provide a space in your home where the consult will include only mother, baby and perhaps partner.
Thank you so much for your patience and support as we help protect the health of our community!
Warmly, Alice Norris